Smile Designing Concept
You can discuss all that you like and dislike about your smile and our cosmetic dentist will analyse and provide the solution to your desired smile. Various techniques are used to design your smile. One or a combinations of techniques may be used to achieve the desired result.
Teeth Alignment and Spacing
Procedures such Invisalign or fixed orthodontic braces can help move the teeth that are crooked, overcrowded or have gaps between them, to the desired position. Porcelain veneers and teeth bonding materials provide a faster alternative.
The upper lip can be repositioned to a lower level when smiling through a small surgical procedure. Excess gums can be removed surgically to expose the correct amount of tooth surface.
Maintaining The Results Of Your Smile Design
- A good oral hygiene routine is important to maintain the results of a smile designing treatment for a long time
- Do not use highly coloured or abrasive toothpastes. It can scratch or discolour your restorations
- Brush two to three times daily for best results
- Flossing of teeth is important to prevent clean the areas in between two teeth. This prevents decay and gum inflammation. It helps increase the lifespan of restorations and veneers
- Avoid foods high in sugar and control the intake of coffee, tea, wine, soda and other highly coloured foods
- Avoid chewing or smoking tobacco
- Avoid mouthwashes with alcohol content as it may reduce the bond strength of restorations
- Avoid biting directly into hard sticky foods like apple or pizzas
- If you have a habit of grinding your teeth at night, night guards must be used to protect the teeth and the restorations
- Cosmetic restorations are not permanent or indestructible and may need replacement eventually. It may last anywhere between 5 to 15 years or more depending on how take care of it.